Information about course:
- UNESCO codes: 2301 3309
- Director: Dra. Carolina Simó Co-Director: Dra. Virginia Garcia Cañas
- Course frequency: Anual
- Teaching Hours: 30
- Dates: 23-26 november 2015
- Number of students: 15
- Course fee: 300 €
- Admisión requeriments: Licenciado
- Phone: 910017900 Ext. 947
Summary of the content and purpose of the course
This is an introductory course to Omics techniques most commonly used for the study of food and the effect of food on health. The fundamental theoretical and practical aspects of genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and metabolomics will be studied. It will also carry out an introduction to Foodomica. In addition, fundamental aspects such as obtaining bioactive compounds from natural sources, as well as the evaluation of their in-vitro biological activity, will be introduced.
The course is aimed at graduates, students of Masters and PhD and doctors who want to gain a broad overview of advanced instrumental analytical techniques most used in each of the Omics well as bioinformatic tools necessary for processing and analysis the data.
The overall objective of this course is that participants acquire basic knowledge of the Omics technologies and their potential in the area of Science and Food Technology.
- THEME 1. Foodomics
- THEME 2. Green Chemistry. Bioactive compounds extraction
- THEME 3. Latest trends in genome analysis and transcriptome
- THEME 4. Proteomic
- THEME 5. Metabolomics
- Obtaining extracts of natural sources rich in phenolic compounds
- Determination of bioactivity (antioxidant, antiproliferative) extracts rich in phenolic compounds.
- Characterization of extracts by LCxLC-MS.
- Using qPCR for validating genes of a transcriptome study.
- Protein separation by two-dimensional electrophoresis in polyacrylamide gels.
- Separation of peptides by nanoLC-MS.
- Separation of metabolites by CE-MS and UHPLC-MS.
- Data processing and analysis.
- Dr. Alejandro Cifuentes
- D. Carlos A. Cuéllar
- Dra. Marina Díez Municio
- Dña. Tanize Dos Santos Acunha
- Dra. Virginia García Cañas
- Dra. Bienvenida Gilbert
- Dr. Miguel Herrero
- Dra. Elena Ibáñez
- Dr. José Antonio Mendiola
- Dña. Lidia Montero
- Dr. Josep V. Rubert
- Dña. Andrea del Pilar Sánchez
- Dra. Carolina Simó
- D. Alberto Valdés